For the first time this week, we had a day that wasn't worse than the last. Betty has remained unconscious all day, but she has not been convulsing at all. She basically looks like she's in an extremely deep sleep. Once in a while she wiggles her toes.
She hasn't taken in any food or water all day. As scary as it is to watch someone slip away right before your eyes, I know that this is exactly how she would want to go if she had the choice.
It was a beautiful day today and sunlight filled the entire family room. Java slept by her side all day. Louisa, the caregiver, was so compassionate and gentle with Betty, and she kept her looking clean and pretty. Louisa commented that she's not used to treating patients who are in such incredible physical condition. She said she thought Betty was 40; no wrinkles, strong muscles, painted fingernails and toes. I told her, "I bet you she's happy to hear you say that."
Both of Betty's brothers are here, which has been a lifesaver for my dad and me. We played some calming, classical music and cooked up good-smelling foods all day. I think their presence has helped to relax Betty.
Finally, things are beginning to feel somewhat peaceful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lily, I am so sorry to hear about you stepmother. I cannot find the words to say what I feel, but please know that I am here as a friend. I support you in this difficult time.
sending love and hope,
Ayden (Rafael G.B.)
Post a Comment