Betty cox was diagnosed with brain cancer on February 1, 2008. She passed away only 13 days later, on February 14th. My blog covers the all too emotional journey Betty, my dad, and I underwent throughout the progression of Betty's cancer.
I can be contacted at lilyfaden@gmail.com.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thursday, February 7, 2008 part two

After I wrote the previous entry, we were struggling to find things to keep Betty occupied. I'm not positive that the part of her brain that determines whether or not she is "bored" is even functioning, but I still felt pretty terrible having her sit there for hours, rubbing her legs and "reading" (staring at) an old magazine.

So, I helped her move to a chair on the other side of the room, and set up chairs/pillows so she couldn't topple over. Java (our lovely wonderful dog) came and snuggled up next to her, and I got her a pad and a pen to see what she would do.

First of all, I have no idea why it's ripped in half.

She began by drawing what I found out was a cat in the upper left corner. It was really sweet. I asked her if she could write her name. She did. Then mine, and my dad's. Then "Java" and "Mocha" (our cat). I think "mochajava1" might be her old password. How cute is that. So the fact that she enjoyed drawing made me happy. I bought her straws tonight too, so I hope there are no more struggles with cups. I'm going to try to find little ways to light up her day as much as possible.

No comments: